The way you provide coaching is also very important as it determines the effect that it will have on your agents. Here are a few coaching tips that can be very helpful for you.
- Research: It is very important that you know your agents before you start coaching them. Try to find out their strengths and the areas where they still need improvement. The simplest thing to do would be to listen to a few recorded calls of your agents before you start their coaching session.
- Listening Calls: By listening to their calls you can easily evaluate the level of coaching that they require and the specific areas that you need to focus. However, you need to make sure that the calls that you listen are from different agents. Spread it across 3 or 4 agents and listen to their calls. Calls should be picked in such a way that they are from different times in a day. This will help you in understanding them in a much better way.
- Choose the Coaching Time Cautiously: While the coaching is important, but so is your work. The time that you choose for coaching must be properly picked so that you do not sacrifice any important work. You must be aware of times when the work flow is maximum and minimum. Pick the time when the amount of work is least in a day and spend approximately 20-30 minutes on the whole coaching session.
- Let Them Be Proactive: Instead of pointing out their weak spots, it would be better if you let them do it on their own. Ask them to think of some areas where they feel like improving themselves. You will see that they already know most of the things that need to be improved. If they leave out anything then you can point it out to them when they are finished.
- Motivate Them: Now is the time to built their ego and motivate them. This could be easily done by pointing out their strengths to them. This would help you in building their ego and motivating them to enhance their performance.
- Providing solutions: The last, and perhaps the most important step, is to provide them solutions and suggestions to overcome their weaknesses. Give them practical advices that have already been tried and tested by others. You should do some work in this area beforehand so that you have proper solutions for all the week points.